The holiday season is upon us and if you’re looking for a festive way to spend your time this season, look no further than Philadelphia. From holiday lights and outdoor ice-skating to family fun activities, here are the top five things you can do to celebrate the holidays in Philly.
1. Visit Christmas Village at LOVE Park – Located in Center City near City Hall, this European-style Christmas market offers a variety of holiday trinkets and treats from over 80 vendors. This year, Christmas Village will be held from November 22nd through December 24th, so make sure to check it out before it’s too late!
2. Attend Macy’s Light Show at Macy’s Center City – Macy’s annual light show is one of the most popular attractions during the holiday season in Philadelphia. Enjoy dancing lights synchronized with festive music that plays hourly outside their iconic store on Market Street. The show runs from November 15th until January 1st so don't miss out on this spectacular show!
3. Skate Rink at Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest – Located near Penn's Landing on Columbus Boulevard, this outdoor skating rink offers an array of activities for all ages including ice-skating, mini golf, carnival games, and more! Plus they have an indoor lodge where you can warm up with some hot chocolate or beer and delicious food options like pizza and pretzels. The rink is open until March 3rd so make sure you visit before then!
4. Visit Winter At Dilworth Park – Dilworth Park is welcoming guests to enjoy all their favorite winter attractions. Experience special holiday magic with the Deck the Hall Light Show presented by Independence Blue Cross and 6abc, creating a beautiful scene on the west facade of City Hall. Don’t miss out on the Rothman Orthopaedics Ice Rink for some fun skating seven days per week. Before you go, be sure to check out the breathtaking reindeer topiaries in the Wintergarden! Finish up your day with some shopping at either Rothman Orthopaedics Cabin or the Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market, offering locally made items perfect for checking off everyone's wish list. Get ready this season to rediscover your favorite winter pastime at Dilworth Park!
5. Visit Dickens Village - Every holiday season, Macy's in Philadelphia celebrates the time-honored tradition of Charles Dickens' classic Christmas tale, A Christmas Carol. From November 26 to December 31, 2022, visitors and families alike can experience the whimsical nostalgia of Dickens Village - an animatronic retelling of the beloved holiday story set in a 6,000-square foot village on the third floor of Macy's. Open and free to all, children can take a leap through time with Ebenezer Scrooge as he interacts with ghosts from his past and learns the power of generosity during the festive season. Don't miss out this holiday season - come and re-live Dickens' immortal story through the magical world of Dickens Village!
Whether you want to relax with friends over hot chocolate or explore historic sites around town, there are plenty of activities available in Philadelphia during this festive time of year! Make sure to check out these five fun things when planning your next holiday adventure in Philly! With something for everyone—from families to couples—you won't want to miss out on these unique experiences while celebrating the holidays in Pennsylvania's largest city! Happy Holidays!!